Friday, December 16, 2011

Colors of the Wind

Date: Friday, December 16, 2011
Time: 5:50 a.m.
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Short Course Meters

4x(3x75 on 1:20)
1. 75 swim
2. 50 swim/25 kick
3. 25 kick/50 swim

Four rounds:
4x50 kick on 1:00 (25 stroke/25 free)
250 swim on 4:00 (100 back/150 free)

6x125 on 2:15 (100 free/25 stroke)

100 warm down (with stretching)

Total: 3,550 meters (75 minutes)

This morning featured blustery winds for the entire workout. Luckily, the wind didn't become too fierce until the end of workout, when a couple of the tarps blew into the pool. The wind blew the backstroke flags out of alignment, and fortunately they were blown away from the wall instead of toward it. It would have been horrible too see people miscounting their strokes and hitting some body part on the wall!

I didn't swim particularly fast this morning. The goal was to get my feel for the water back after four days away, and I did feel pretty good. My legs however, were sore after logging time on the treadmill this week. I will probably continue to do that for the next few weeks as I build up to my regular gym routine.

I worked on regaining my breaststroke a little bit. The thing I think I lacked last weekend was a good grasp on the water during the beginning of the pull, when the hands turn inward after the outsweep. This morning, I felt the difference physiologically, as if my muscles hadn't been swimming that way for a few weeks. It was a great feeling to find that again. It will take a few more workouts before I'm comfortable in my "old" stroke again.

No comments:

Post a Comment