Monday, March 26, 2012

Coming Home

Date: Monday, March 26, 2012
Time: 5:50 a.m.
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Long Course Meters
91 days to Olympic Trials

16x50 on :50
2 free, 1 back

100 free with snorkel on 1:30 (1:20)
200 free with snorkel on 3:00 (2:50)
300 free with snorkel on 4:30 (4:10)
Two minutes rest 
200 free on 3:15 (2:40)
500 free on 7:30 (7:00)

8x50 breast on 1:15
1-4 pull head up
5-8 kick drill

100 easy

300 kick

6x50 breast on 1:00 distance per stroke
(avg. :46, 12 strokes)

Total: 3,200 meters

How great to be back in Phoenix, and even better to swim the same workout with other people! Granted, the main set was another boring ladder (more boring than the one I did Friday), but it helped get through the part of the ladder that I did.

We're three months away from the Olympic Trials, and it's getting time to get race ready. Doing a 2,500-meter freestyle set is not really the way to get ready for a 100 breaststroke race. I did part of the set to get acquainted to long course swimming, but after the 500, I decided to do some breaststroke training while the rest of the group finished the ladder.

The rest of the week should be long course, and after the Masters state meet this weekend, the pool should be pretty much long course through Olympic Trials. Long course training is tough sometimes, and the transition from short course usually takes about two weeks.

I'm traveling to the Far Western age group championships on Thursday and getting back on Monday, so I'm going to make the most out of my training through Wednesday. I am not entirely sure if I'm going to be able to swim while at Far Westerns. Prelims usually ends in the mid-afternoon with prelims starting about 90 minutes later. That means the pool won't be available much for me to get in a workout, but maybe there will be a gym to do some weightlifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment