Thursday, January 12, 2012

Take It Easy

Date: Thursday, January 12, 2012
Time: 5:50 a.m.
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Short Course Meters
165 days to Olympic Trials

6x200 free working on breathing patterns

9x75 on 2:00
25 pull choice with pull buoy between ankles
25 scull
25 kick

10x100 on 1:45
5 free, 5 back

Three starts

200 easy

Total: About 3,100 meters (75 minutes)

Today's workout was just what I needed. I wanted to keep my heart rate at aerobic level, and was successfully able to do that. The distance was less than I expected, but I'm not complaining!

I wanted to back off on the intensity today to give my body some rest for this weekend. I don't want to go all the way to Austin and not do well. My only goal is to get a second swim in the 100 breast, and that will be difficult enough.Pulling back on the throttle for a couple of days won't hurt my training.

I haven't worked on starts since my taper meet about a month ago, and was surprised that everything felt good. I even felt like I pointed my toes on the entry, or at least as much as my bad ankles will allow.

Gotta finish packing for the trip! Austin is going to be about as chilly as it is here in Phoenix, so I'm making sure I'm ready for all weather conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment